Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I feel like I have so many funny stories I don't share in time so I forget them, so today something funny happened and I'm going to recount it.

Today was my first day as an editorial intern for arguably my favorite mag (which shall remain nameless). And so naturally,  last night I tweeted about how I was "scared shitless" and how I was trying to find "last-ditch attempts to make me cool" before today.

The day went well. I met everyone, and everyone was of course so so so hip. I wrote this fashion piece my first day. I was so surprised they were letting me write something for the website the first day, also scared because I had never written fashion before, let alone a NYFW runway review.

Anyway, as I was wearily leaving, imagining all the homework I had for tonight, I wasn't really paying attention to the content director, my adviser as I said bye to her. And then she said, "We loved the tweet! It was cute." And keep in mind, she's scary and intimidating and ombred and fashionable and cool and totally high-profile. So I freaked out inside and was mortified and didn't know how to respond.

I was very embarrassed but I checked my email a couple hours later and she emailed me that she had sincerely meant what she said and not to worry because "we love your tweets.xoxo" I responded saying how embarrassed I was and not to worry about it because it was my fault. And she responded that I shouldn't be embarrassed and then said "You're adorbs.xoxo"

Aw, life is so weird and strange but she made me very happy by typing that on her iPhone, an adjective she probably didn't think too much of when she threw it out to me: "adorbs."

Also, I hate when people brag about how being in New York City makes 9/11 exponentially more poignant for you; but as I was walking home tonight, I saw flowers and messages and letters in front of this firehouse and a woman crying in front of it and wow, it made things so different. I don't know. It's so surreal to be surrounded by direct victims of something so tragic. 9/11 felt so far away until the 10 yr anniversary last year. But, it's not far away at all.

Good night.
"xoxo"

No comments:

Post a Comment